The CPD will improve your awareness of the aquatic disciplines allowing you to understand how the Learn to Swim Programme has been created to support all the disciplines.
It will give you activities that can be included throughout the 7 stages of the Learn to Swim Programme. This will help to create more diverse and engaging lessons, increasing swimmer retention. It will also help you recognise participants who show a natural ability in one of the disciplines so they can be signposted to further opportunities.
You will learn how to:
- Identify and describe the Swim England Aquatic Sports otherwise known as ‘Disciplines’.
- Identify the ‘Key Discipline Skills’ that need to be developed throughout the 7 stages for a successful transition into those sports.
- Adapt and deliver activities at each stage that will encourage the Key Discipline Skills required.
- Recognise participants who demonstrate a natural ability to perform the Key Discipline Skills.
- Sign post participants towards Swim England Aquatic Sports.
- How to Enrol:
- Click book on course or use the contact details below.
You must be at least 16 years of age at the start of the course.
Swim England Level 2 Teaching Swimming
Institute of Swimming
- 01509 640640