The aim of this CPD is to provide individuals with an introduction to supporting swimmers with Long Term Health Conditions. It is designed to be engaging throughout and ensures the individual obtains up-to-date knowledge and aquatic adaptations around health conditions and the tools to help improve the overall experience of aquatic activity programmes.
The strength of this CPD lies in its co-production with health experts from Swim England’s Swimming and Health Commission group.
Who is the CPD designed for?
This CPD is aimed at anyone over the age of 16 years inclusive of swimming teachers and assistants, coaching staff, pool operators, swim coordinators, managers, link workers, parents & carers, active partnerships health champions, school teachers and volunteers.
CPD delivery format
The duration of this CPD is 4 hours.
During this CPD you will learn about:
- Identifying and outlining the nine condition categories
- Identifying the key implications for the long term health condition categories for aquatics activity
- Outlining and describing appropriate adaptations for the long term health condition categories for aquatics activity
- Identifying where to access additional support and guidance
- Identifying the impact you could have on behaviour change
- How to Enrol:
- Click book on course or use the contact details below.
You must be at least 16 years of age at the start of the course.
Institute of Swimming
- 01509 640640