This blended learning course will allow you to complete the theoretical elements via Zoom webinars and access to online learning. The online learning will check your understanding as you work through the content. At the end of the online learning, there will be an assessment which you will have a number of attempts to complete. You will then carry out your practical assessment day at the venue listed on the itinerary below.
- 1 x 4hr Zoom webinar – During this session, the tutor will introduce you to the online learning and cover some of the theory topics. After this session you will then begin your online learning.
- Online learning – you will be given access to this on the first day of your course. This must be completed 72 hours prior to attending your face to face session. The estimated time to complete this is 15-18 hours.
- 1 x Face to Face Practical Assessment day – During this session your tutor will cover the remaining theory topics, water testing and a multiple choice exam.
- Post course assessment – after the Practical Assessment day you will have 3 weeks to complete and submit a work based assessment
The course is delivered through a mixture of Zoom webinars, online learning activities and practical learning.
You will learn about:
- Maintaining pool hygiene
- Controlling chlorine and chemical levels
- Managing water supplies and water treatment
- Testing for pollution and parasite infection
- Maintaining pipes, circulation and filtration
- Promoting health and safety
- Balancing pH and alkalinity
- Diagnosing and testing pool water
- Making savings on heating, ventilation and energy
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone who is responsible for the day to day operation of a pool plant. This includes local authority employees, schools and private pool owners.
- How to Enrol:
- Click book on course or use the contact details below.
You must be at least 18 years of age at the start of the course.
Institute of Swimming
- 01509 640640
Sidcup Leisure Centre