This course develops your knowledge, skills and abilities as an assistant swimming teacher. It will enable you to actively support a qualified swimming teacher in the delivery of a planned learn to swim session.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone interested in starting a career in teaching swimming or wants to assist a swimming teacher. You don’t need to have any prior experience of teaching swimming.
The course is delivered through a mixture of classroom activities and practical poolside learning. You will participate in at least two 30-minute swimming lessons to gain hands on practical experience.
You will learn about:
- The legal aspects of assisting in swimming lessons
- The responsibilities of a Swimming Assistant
- The swimming pathway, fundamental movement, core aquatic skills and component parts of strokes
- Scientific principles of swimming
- What makes up a lesson plan, equipment and communications skills
- How to identify anxiety and use of motivational techniques
- The type of assistance you can provide
Download the full SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant specification.
- How to Enrol:
- Please contact York Swimming Academy to book
- Learners must be 16 years of age or older on the first day of the course
- 07801 824082
New Earswick Swimming Pool