This course is for the SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching)
- The course is delivered through a mixture of classroom activities and practical poolside learning. You will participate in at least two 30-minute swimming lessons to gain hands on practical experience.
You will learn about:
- The legal aspects of assisting in swimming lessons
- The responsibilities of a Swimming Assistant
- The swimming pathway, fundamental movement, core aquatic skills and component parts of strokes
- Scientific principles of swimming
- What makes up a lesson plan, equipment and communications skills
- How to identify anxiety and use of motivational techniques
- The type of assistance you can provide
- How to Enrol:
- Please contact Three Whistles for more information and to book the course.
- Learners must be 16 years of age or older on the first day of the course
Pyramid Leisure Club