This is a combined course will include the SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) and SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming qualification.
The SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) qualification is a practical qualification which develops the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to be a Swimming Assistant (Teaching).
The course is delivered through a mixture of classroom activities and practical poolside learning. You will participate in at least two 30-minute swimming lessons to gain hands on practical experience.
You will learn about:
- The legal aspects of assisting in swimming lessons
- The responsibilities of a Swimming Assistant
- The swimming pathway, fundamental movement, core aquatic skills and component parts of strokes
- Scientific principles of swimming
- What makes up a lesson plan, equipment and communications skills
- How to identify anxiety and use of motivational techniques
- The type of assistance you can provide
Download the full SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant specification.
This course develops your knowledge, skills and abilities as a swimming teacher. It builds on the SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) qualification and gives you the skills to independently plan and deliver swimming lessons.
SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming qualification
The course is delivered through a mixture of classroom activities and practical poolside learning. You will participate in at least six 30-minute swimming lessons to gain hands on practical experience.
You will learn about:
- The responsibilities and role of a swimming teacher
- How the scientific principles of swimming impact on development
- How to develop core aquatic skills and the four strokes
- How to identify and correct common swimming faults
- How to use a variety of teaching techniques and equipment to suit different needs
- How to plan and deliver inclusive lessons for different levels of ability, including adaptations for swimmers with special educational needs and disabilities
- Key teaching and management skills including class management and assessment, organisational skills, behaviour management, communication skills, and teaching methods
- National curriculum swimming lessons and how they differ from learn to swim lessons
Download a PDF of the full SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming specification
- How to Enrol:
- Please contact Katie Genan at Swim Wales for booking enquiries
- Learners must be 16 years of age or older on the first day of the course
- 01792 513580
Ebbw Vale Leisure Centre