This is a combined course will include the SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) and SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming qualification.
The SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) qualification is a practical qualification which develops the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to be a Swimming Assistant (Teaching), you will complete the theoretical elements of the course online through interactive activities and checks on learning, prior to the practical workshops.
The course is delivered through a mixture of classroom activities and practical poolside learning. You will participate in at least two 30-minute swimming lessons to gain hands on practical experience.
You will learn about:
- The legal aspects of assisting in swimming lessons
- The responsibilities of a Swimming Assistant
- The swimming pathway, fundamental movement, core aquatic skills and component parts of strokes
- Scientific principles of swimming
- What makes up a lesson plan, equipment and communications skills
- How to identify anxiety and use of motivational techniques
- The type of assistance you can provide
The SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming qualification is a practical qualification which builds on the SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) qualification.
The course is delivered through a mixture of classroom activities and practical poolside learning. You will participate in at least six 30-minute swimming lessons to gain hands on practical experience.
You will learn about:
- The responsibilities and role of a swimming teacher
- How the scientific principles of swimming impact on development
- How to develop core aquatic skills and the four strokes
- How to identify and correct common swimming faults
- How to use a variety of teaching techniques and equipment to suit different needs
- How to plan and deliver inclusive lessons for different levels of ability, including adaptations for swimmers with special educational needs and disabilities
- Key teaching and management skills including class management and assessment, organisational skills, behaviour management, communication skills, and teaching methods
- National curriculum swimming lessons and how they differ from learn to swim lesson
- How to Enrol:
- Please contact Lucy Rogan at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Learners must be 16 years of age or older on the first day of the course
Total Fitness Teesside
Off the Mandale Triangle