SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) and SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming (Combined Course) – Wrexham Waterworld, Bodhyfryd, Wrexham
This is a combined course will include the SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) and SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming qualification.
The SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) qualification is a practical qualification which develops the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to be a Swimming Assistant (Teaching).
The course is delivered through a mixture of classroom activities and practical poolside learning. You will participate in at least two 30-minute swimming lessons to gain hands on practical experience.
You will learn about:
- The legal aspects of assisting in swimming lessons
- The responsibilities of a Swimming Assistant
- The swimming pathway, fundamental movement, core aquatic skills and component parts of strokes
- Scientific principles of swimming
- What makes up a lesson plan, equipment and communications skills
- How to identify anxiety and use of motivational techniques
- The type of assistance you can provide
Download the full SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant specification.
This course develops your knowledge, skills and abilities as a swimming teacher. It builds on the SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) qualification and gives you the skills to independently plan and deliver swimming lessons.
SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming qualification
The course is delivered through a mixture of classroom activities and practical poolside learning. You will participate in at least six 30-minute swimming lessons to gain hands on practical experience.
You will learn about:
- The responsibilities and role of a swimming teacher
- How the scientific principles of swimming impact on development
- How to develop core aquatic skills and the four strokes
- How to identify and correct common swimming faults
- How to use a variety of teaching techniques and equipment to suit different needs
- How to plan and deliver inclusive lessons for different levels of ability, including adaptations for swimmers with special educational needs and disabilities
- Key teaching and management skills including class management and assessment, organisational skills, behaviour management, communication skills, and teaching methods
- National curriculum swimming lessons and how they differ from learn to swim lessons
Download a PDF of the full SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming specification
- How to Enrol:
- Please make initial enquiry via phone or email Swim Wales. You will then complete an enrolment form and all pre requisites are checked. Swim Wales will contact you to confirm the booking.
- Learners must be 16 years of age or older on the first day of the course
- 01792 513580