This is a combined course will include the SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching), SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming and Level 2 Teaching Swimming to Babies and Toddlers qualifications.
The SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) qualification is a practical qualification which develops the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to be a Swimming Assistant (Teaching).
The SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming qualification is a practical qualification which builds on the SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) qualification.
The course is delivered through a mixture of classroom activities and practical poolside learning. You will participate in at least six 30-minute swimming lessons to gain hands on practical experience.
You will learn about:
- The responsibilities and role of a swimming teacher
- How the scientific principles of swimming impact on development
- How to develop core aquatic skills and the four strokes
- How to identify and correct common swimming faults
- How to use a variety of teaching techniques and equipment to suit different needs
- How to plan and deliver inclusive lessons for different levels of ability, including adaptations for swimmers with special educational needs and disabilities
- Key teaching and management skills including class management and assessment, organisational skills, behaviour management, communication skills, and teaching methods
- National curriculum swimming lessons and how they differ from learn to swim lesson
The Level 2 Teaching Swimming to Babies and Toddlers qualification is for anyone who wants to provide baby and toddler swimming sessions
The course is delivered through a mixture of classroom activities and practical poolside learning. You will participate in at least two 30-minute swimming lessons to gain hands on practical experience.
You will learn about:
- How early years development, stages of play and reflexes impact on swimming ability
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities, health related conditions and how to respond and adapt to them
- How to introduce and teach the core aquatic skills in a fun way
- The different supports and holds to use in lessons
- The advantages and disadvantages of different types of equipment
- How to plan, adapt and teach lessons which cater for groups with different levels of ability
- Key teaching and lesson management skills
- How to Enrol:
- For more information or to make a booking please contact Ellie Purvis
- Learners must be 16 years of age or older on the first day of the course
- 07903 320967
Hartsdown Leisure Centre