The SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) qualification is a practical qualification which develops the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to be a Swimming Assistant (Teaching).
The course is delivered through a mixture of classroom activities and practical poolside learning. You will participate in at least two 30-minute swimming lessons to gain hands on practical experience.
You will learn about:
- The legal aspects of assisting in swimming lessons
- The responsibilities of a Swimming Assistant
- The swimming pathway, fundamental movement, core aquatic skills and component parts of strokes
- Scientific principles of swimming
- What makes up a lesson plan, equipment and communications skills
- How to identify anxiety and use of motivational techniques
- The type of assistance you can provide
Download the full SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant specification.
This course develops your knowledge, skills and abilities as a swimming teacher. It builds on the SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) qualification and gives you the skills to independently plan and deliver swimming lessons.
- How to Enrol:
- For more information please contact Sally Baldwin at www.surviveandsave-training.org
- Learners must be 16 years of age or older on the first day of the course
- 02084 293905
St Helens School Sports Centre