SEQ Level 2 Coaching Open Water Swimming – Vobster Quay
This course covers the skills needed to effectively plan, deliver, and evaluate a series of open water training sessions.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone who is a Swim England Coach, Swimming Teacher or Triathlon Coach and who wants to become an independent open water coach.
The course is delivered through a mixture of online learning, zoom classroom activities, and practical learning, in both a poolside and open water environment. The zoom webinar will help you kick-off your studies and then have time before the second webinar to start your online learning. The specialist e-learning is split into bite-sized pieces, so you don’t have to do it all in one go. Before heading to the lake session there will be another zoom session to help fully prepare you for the practical assessment.
During your practical sessions at the pool and lake you will develop your skills with the support of your tutor and put the theory you have already learnt into practice. You will be assessed by your tutor who will provide you with feedback so you can develop throughout the sessions.
You can see the full itinerary below. You will need to attend all sessions and please ensure that you are in a suitable learning environment with strong internet access for the zoom webinars.
You will learn about:
- Principles of swimming in open water
- Legal responsibilities of coaching in open water swimming including risk assessments for open water venues
- Coaching positions for open water swimming
- Planning for coaching open water swimming including session plans and overviews for different swimmers
- Innovative delivery of open water swimming sessions
- Coaching open water skills including event tactics, preparation and recovery skills
- Session management skills including using different motivational techniques and interpersonal skills with participants
In addition to this course will be booking in more courses in the following areas;
- How to Enrol:
- Click book on course or use the contact details below.
You must be at least 17 years of age at the start of the course.
– Swim England Swimming Coach Certificate (or equivalent)
– 1st 4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Triathlon (QCF)
– SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming and have experience of swimming in an open water environment
Institute of Swimming
- 01509 640640
Vobster Quay Diving Centre, Vobster Quarry