This qualification has been developed with key stakeholders in the aquatics and outdoor swimming sector. It covers the essential knowledge and leadership skills to enable individuals to confidently plan, prepare and lead safe and effective outdoor swimming sessions for groups of up to eight swimmers in water with temperatures exceeding 11 degrees Celsius.
Who is the course designed for?
This qualification is for individuals that want to build on their open water experience by leading others from within the water, a group of up to eight swimmers safely and effectively in an outdoor swimming environment.
Course delivery format
- Two face to face sessions which will consist of both theory and practical open water delivery. Please see the below itinerary for full details
During this course you will learn about:
- The different types of outdoor swimming environments
- How to meet the needs of the outdoor swimmers
- Roles and responsibilities
- The dangers associated with outdoor swimming
- The types of equipment needed for outdoor swimming
- Key outdoor swimming skills
- Plan for an outdoor swimming session
- Lead an outdoor swimming session
- Evaluating your own performance as an outdoor swimming leader
- How to Enrol:
- Click book on course or use the contact details below.
You must be at least 18 years of age at the start of the course.
Have experience of open water swimming
Must be able to swim at least 400 metres in open water continuously on your front
Institute of Swimming
- 01509 640640
Vobster Quay Diving Centre, Vobster Quarry