This course develops your knowledge, skills and abilities as a teacher for babies and toddlers. It builds on the Level 2 Teaching Swimming qualification and gives you the skills to independently plan and deliver a series of baby and toddler swimming lessons.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone who has an SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming qualification who wants to provide baby and toddler swimming sessions.
The course is delivered through a mixture of classroom activities and practical poolside learning. You will participate in at least two 30-minute swimming lessons to gain hands on practical experience.
You will learn about:
- How early years development, stages of play and reflexes impact on swimming ability
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities, health related conditions and how to respond and adapt to them
- How to introduce and teach the core aquatic skills in a fun way
- The different supports and holds to use in lessons
- The advantages and disadvantages of different types of equipment
- How to plan, adapt and teach lessons which cater for groups with different levels of ability
- Key teaching and lesson management skills
- How to Enrol:
- If you are interested in any of our courses please visit our website www.threewhistles.co.uk , here you will find course details, entry requirements, course schedule, our policies and team details.
- Learners must be 16 years of age or older on the first day of the course
- Hold a SEQ level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) certificate or Swim England/ASA equivalent