This course develops your knowledge, skills and abilities as a teacher for babies and toddlers and gives you the skills to independently plan and deliver a series of baby and toddler swimming lessons.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone with a SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming qualification post April 2022 who wants to provide baby and toddler swimming sessions. If you hold a SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming qualification pre April 2022 you can apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
If you hold a SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming qualification between 2002 and April 2022 please email a copy of your pre requisite certificate to email@example.com. Please ensure when you send your certificate over you indicate the venue and start date of the course you have booked onto.
Course delivery format
The course is delivered over 4 face to face days and the qualification is delivered through a mixture of classroom activities and practical poolside learning. You will participate in at least two 30-minute swimming lessons to gain hands-on practical experience.
During the course you will learn about:
- How early years development, stages of play and reflexes impact on swimming ability
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities, health related conditions and how to respond and adapt to them
- How to introduce and teach the core aquatic skills in a fun way
- The different supports and holds to use in lessons
- The advantages and disadvantages of different types of equipment
- How to plan, adapt and teach lessons which cater for groups with different levels of ability
- Key teaching and lesson management skills
Please be aware, throughout the duration of the course you will allocated homework by your Tutor that must ‘Meet the Standard’ before the end of the course. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Theoretical Questions
- 1x Overview of a Series of Lessons
- 2x Lesson plans
- How to Enrol:
- Please contact Richard Roeton from Everybody Health & Leisure for further details
You must be at least 16 years of age at the start of the course.
SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming – Face to face
SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming – Blended Learning
SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming – Online and Virtual Learning
If you are unsure if your qualification meets the pre requisite criteria please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 01625 383787