This course develops your knowledge, skills and abilities as a teacher for babies and toddlers. It builds on the Level 2 Teaching Swimming qualification and gives you the skills to independently plan and deliver a series of baby and toddler swimming lessons.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone who has an SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming qualification who wants to provide baby and toddler swimming sessions.
The course is delivered through a mixture of classroom activities and practical poolside learning. You will participate in at least two 30-minute swimming lessons to gain hands on practical experience.
You will learn about:
- How early years development, stages of play and reflexes impact on swimming ability
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities, health related conditions and how to respond and adapt to them
- How to introduce and teach the core aquatic skills in a fun way
- The different supports and holds to use in lessons
- The advantages and disadvantages of different types of equipment
- How to plan, adapt and teach lessons which cater for groups with different levels of ability
- Key teaching and lesson management skills
- How to Enrol:
- Please contact Sharon Hunter at Stevenage Swimming Centre for more information and to book on the course
You must be at least 16 years of age at the start of the course.
SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming
- 01438 579398
St Georges Way