This course develops your knowledge, skills and abilities as a swimming teacher. It builds on the Swim England Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) qualification and gives you the skills to independently plan and deliver swimming lessons.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone who is a Swim England Coach, Swimming Teacher or Triathlon Coach and who wants to become an independent open water coach.
The course is delivered through a mixture of online learning, classroom activities, and practical learning, both poolside and in an open water environment.
You will learn about:
- The roles and responsibilities of coaching open water swimming
- The advantages and disadvantages of different types of equipment
- The different opportunities available to open water swimmers
- How to plan for open water coaching sessions
- How to develop session management skills
- be 16 years of age or older on the first day of the course
- have experience of open water swimming
Applicants must also hold at least one of the following qualifications:
- SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming
- Swim England Swimming Coach Certificate (or ASA equivalent)
- 1st 4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Triathlon
Institute of Swimming
- 01509 640640
Fell Foot Park