SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming – Byw’n Iach Glan Wnion Leisure Centre, Gwynedd
This course develops your knowledge, skills and abilities as a swimming teacher. It builds on the SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) qualification and gives you the skills to independently plan and deliver swimming lessons.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone who has a SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) qualification who wants to become a Swimming Teacher.
The course is delivered through a mixture of classroom activities and practical poolside learning. You will participate in at least six 30-minute swimming lessons to gain hands on practical experience.
You will learn about:
- The responsibilities and role of a swimming teacher
- How the scientific principles of swimming impact on development
- How to develop core aquatic skills and the four strokes
- How to identify and correct common swimming faults
- How to use a variety of teaching techniques and equipment to suit different needs
- How to plan and deliver inclusive lessons for different levels of ability, including adaptations for swimmers with special educational needs and disabilities
- Key teaching and management skills including class management and assessment, organisational skills, behaviour management, communication skills, and teaching methods
- National curriculum swimming lessons and how they differ from learn to swim lessons
Download a PDF of the full SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming specification
Please note the practical sessions for this course will be taking place at Byw’n Iach Penllyn, Ffordd Pensarn, Bala Gwynedd LL23 7SR and Byw’n Iach Bro Dysynni, Stryd Fawr, Tywyn, Gwynedd LL369AD
- How to Enrol:
- Please contact Katie Genan at Swim Wales for booking enquiries
- You must be at least 16 years of age at the start of the course.
- SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching)
- An ASA Level 1 Award in Teaching Aquatics or an equivalent ASA qualification taken in or after 1994.
- 01792 513580
Byw’n Iach Glan Wnion LC