This course develops your knowledge, skills and abilities as a swimming teacher. It builds on the SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) qualification and gives you the skills to independently plan and deliver swimming lessons.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone who has a SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) qualification who wants to become a Swimming Teacher.
The course is delivered through a mixture of classroom activities and practical poolside learning. You will participate in at least six 30-minute swimming lessons to gain hands on practical experience.
You will learn about:
- The responsibilities and role of a swimming teacher
- How the scientific principles of swimming impact on development
- How to develop core aquatic skills and the four strokes
- How to identify and correct common swimming faults
- How to use a variety of teaching techniques and equipment to suit different needs
- How to plan and deliver inclusive lessons for different levels of ability, including adaptations for swimmers with special educational needs and disabilities
- Key teaching and management skills including class management and assessment, organisational skills, behaviour management, communication skills, and teaching methods
- National curriculum swimming lessons and how they differ from learn to swim lessons
Download a PDF of the full SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming specification
- How to Enrol:
- For additional course information please call 01534 449888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Candidates may utilise swimming facilities free of charge for the course duration including access to many teaching aids. A £1 coin is required for changing lockers. Refreshments are not provided as part of courses provided. There is a café on site where healthy drinks, snacks and meals can be purchased. Parking is free but restricted to 3 hours per visit upon display of a ‘yellow disc’ during weekdays and 8 hours at weekends. Please see the Duty Manager at the centre if your parking will exceed these limits.
- Learners must be 16 years of age or older on the first day of the course
- Learners must also hold a Swim England Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching), an ASA Level 1 Award in Teaching Aquatics, or an equivalent ASA qualification certificated after 1994.
- 01534 449888
Les Quennevais Sports Centre