SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming – Leisure World Colchester, Colchester
This course develops your knowledge, skills and abilities as a swimming teacher. It builds on the SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) qualification and gives you the skills to independently plan and deliver swimming lessons.
SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming qualification
The course is delivered through a mixture of classroom activities and practical poolside learning. You will participate in at least six 30-minute swimming lessons to gain hands on practical experience.
You will learn about:
- The responsibilities and role of a swimming teacher
- How the scientific principles of swimming impact on development
- How to develop core aquatic skills and the four strokes
- How to identify and correct common swimming faults
- How to use a variety of teaching techniques and equipment to suit different needs
- How to plan and deliver inclusive lessons for different levels of ability, including adaptations for swimmers with special educational needs and disabilities
- Key teaching and management skills including class management and assessment, organisational skills, behaviour management, communication skills, and teaching methods
- National curriculum swimming lessons and how they differ from learn to swim lessons
Download a PDF of the full SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming specification
- How to Enrol:
- Course details available at reception of Colchester Leisure World
- Learners must be 16 years of age or older on the first day of the course
- SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching)
- An ASA Level 1 Award in Teaching Aquatics or an equivalent ASA qualification taken in or after 1994.
- 01206 507923
Leisure World Colchester