SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming – Online practical venue TBC
This course develops your knowledge, skills and abilities as a swimming teacher. It builds on the SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) qualification and gives you the skills to independently plan and deliver swimming lessons.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone who has a SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) qualification who wants to become a Swimming Teacher.
The course is delivered through a mixture of classroom activities and practical poolside learning. You will participate in at least six 30-minute swimming lessons to gain hands on practical experience.
Therefore, as a result our courses have been split into two halves:
1.All courses will start online, exploring the theoretical elements through a series of virtual classrooms using Zoom and Google Classrooms.
2.Once you have successfully completed the theory aspects, you will be contacted by your tutor to book onto your practical sessions. These will be located across Wales at designated training hubs, we will always aim to get you booked in at the closest on to you. Your practical sessions will start with a webinar to familiarise yourself with the venue and their Covid-19 policies. During your pool based session, your tutor will go through your practical assessment.
You will learn about:
- The responsibilities and role of a swimming teacher
- How the scientific principles of swimming impact on development
- How to develop core aquatic skills and the four strokes
- How to identify and correct common swimming faults
- How to use a variety of teaching techniques and equipment to suit different needs
- How to plan and deliver inclusive lessons for different levels of ability, including adaptations for swimmers with special educational needs and disabilities
- Key teaching and management skills including class management and assessment, organisational skills, behaviour management, communication skills, and teaching methods
- National curriculum swimming lessons and how they differ from learn to swim lessons
Download a PDF of the full SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming specification
- How to Enrol:
- Please contact Katie Genan at Swim Wales for booking enquiries
- Learners must be 16 years of age or older on the first day of the course
- Learners must also hold a Swim England Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching), an ASA Level 1 Award in Teaching Aquatics, or an equivalent ASA qualification certificated after 1994.
- 01792 513580