During the Covid-19 pandemic, we adapted this qualification and split the theory and practical elements into two courses.
This course covers the practical sessions and assessment and is for those who have already completed their theoretical training including; e-learning, Zoom webinars, all associated lesson plans and theory assessments. Please do not book this to start before your theory work has finished, 4-6 weeks after the last zoom session.
Due to current Covid-19 guidelines and to ensure everyone’s safety, we will be keeping the amount of time you spend at the pool to a minimum so this private practical sessions will consist of:
- 1 x 3 hr Zoom Webinars – During these sessions, the tutor will cover the last of your practical topics, a venue orientation and planning for your swimming lesson assessments.
- 2 x half-day Practical assessment sessions at the pool – these will consist of a meet and greet, planning and preparation, lesson delivery of at least six 30-minute swimming lessons, peer observations and feedback. You will then also need to complete evaluations and an action plan.
- There will then be a final webinar once you have finished the above where you will receive one to one feedback from your tutor. A whole day is listed in the itinerary below, however, you will only be required for up to 1 hour. Your tutor will let you know the exact time you need to join them at the start of the course.
The final payment to cover your practical sessions and assessment will be £408. If you have already paid for your course, please email email@example.com for a voucher to book with.
If you are on a Combined Level 1 and 2 programme, you will need to pay an additional £207, bringing your total to £615. You can add this extra payment to your basket here. This will cover your additional practical session which will take place during one of the pool-based days listed in the itinerary below. You will not need to attend an additional course.
The course is delivered through a mixture of webinars, virtual activities and practical poolside learning. You will participate in at least six 30-minute swimming lessons to gain hands-on practical experience.
You will put the theory you have already learnt into practice and demonstrate:
- The responsibilities and role of a swimming teacher
- How the scientific principles of swimming impact on development
- How to develop core aquatic skills and the four strokes
- How to identify and correct common swimming faults
- How to use a variety of teaching techniques and equipment to suit different needs
- How to plan and deliver inclusive lessons for different levels of ability, including adaptations for swimmers with special educational needs and disabilities
- Key teaching and management skills including class management and assessment, organisational skills, behaviour management, communication skills, and teaching methods
- National curriculum swimming lessons and how they differ from learn to swim lessons
Download a PDF of the full SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming specification
Who is the course designed for?
To attend this course, you must have already completed and passed the theoretical elements of your SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming qualification including online learning and assessment questions, all lesson plans and lesson overviews.
- How to Enrol:
- Click book on course or use the contact details below.
You must be at least 16 years of age at the start of the course.
Combined SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) and Level 2 Teaching Swimming – Virtual Classroom Theory only
SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) – Practical Sessions Only
Combined SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) and Level 2 Teaching Swimming – Blended Learning Theory Only
You must have also completed and passed the theoretical elements of your SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming qualification including online learning and assessment questions, all lesson plans and lesson overviews.
Institute of Swimming
- 01509 640640
Bridport Leisure Centre