PLEASE NOTE – This course will be split between John Bunyan Sports & Fitness, Mile Road, Bedford for the theory section of the course and Robinson Pools & Fitness, Bedford Park, Bedford for the wet practical. You will not be required to move between venues during the day, you will attended one venue or the other for the entire day.
This course develops your knowledge, skills and abilities as a swimming teacher. It builds on the SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) qualification and gives you the skills to independently plan and deliver swimming lessons.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone who has a SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) qualification who wants to become a Swimming Teacher.
The course is delivered through a mixture of classroom activities and practical poolside learning. You will participate in at least six 30-minute swimming lessons to gain hands on practical experience.
You will learn about:
- The responsibilities and role of a swimming teacher
- How the scientific principles of swimming impact on development
- How to develop core aquatic skills and the four strokes
- How to identify and correct common swimming faults
- How to use a variety of teaching techniques and equipment to suit different needs
- How to plan and deliver inclusive lessons for different levels of ability, including adaptations for swimmers with special educational needs and disabilities
- Key teaching and management skills including class management and assessment, organisational skills, behaviour management, communication skills, and teaching methods
- National curriculum swimming lessons and how they differ from learn to swim lessons
Download a PDF of the full SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming specification
- How to Enrol:
- Click Book Now for course bookings and enquiries
- Learners must be 16 years of age or older on the first day of the course
- Learners must also hold a Swim England Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching), an ASA Level 1 Award in Teaching Aquatics, or an equivalent ASA qualification certificated after 1994.
- 0207 740 7575