This course develops your knowledge, skills and abilities as a teacher for babies and toddlers. It builds on the Level 2 Teaching Swimming qualification and gives you the skills to independently plan and deliver a series of baby and toddler swimming lessons.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone with an SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming qualification who wants to provide baby and toddler swimming sessions. To attend this course you need to have completed the SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming qualification after 1 November 2017. Please see the prerequisite information section for further details on this.
Course delivery format
The course is delivered over 4 face to face days and the qualification is delivered through a mixture of classroom activities and practical poolside learning. You will participate in at least two 30-minute swimming lessons to gain hands-on practical experience.
During the course you will learn about:
- How early years development, stages of play and reflexes impact on swimming ability
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities, health related conditions and how to respond and adapt to them
- How to introduce and teach the core aquatic skills in a fun way
- The different supports and holds to use in lessons
- The advantages and disadvantages of different types of equipment
- How to plan, adapt and teach lessons which cater for groups with different levels of ability
- Key teaching and lesson management skills
- How to Enrol:
- Click book on course or use the contact details below.
You must be at least 16 years of age at the start of the course.
SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming – Face to face whole course
SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming – Blended Learning Whole Course
SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming – Online and Virtual Learning – Whole Course
If you are unsure if your qualification meets this prerequisite criteria please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Institute of Swimming
- 01509 640640
Guildford Spectrum Leisure Complex