This course develops your knowledge, skills and abilities as a teacher for babies and toddlers. It builds on the Level 2 Teaching Swimming qualification and gives you the skills to independently plan and deliver a series of baby and toddler swimming lessons.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone with an SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming qualification who wants to provide baby and toddler swimming sessions. To attend this course your SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming certificate needs to be dated after 2001. If your qualification pre dates this please see the prerequisite information for next steps.
Course delivery format
The course is delivered over 4 face to face days and the qualification is delivered through a mixture of classroom activities and practical poolside learning. You will participate in at least two 30-minute swimming lessons to gain hands-on practical experience.
During the course you will learn about:
- How early years development, stages of play and reflexes impact on swimming ability
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities, health related conditions and how to respond and adapt to them
- How to introduce and teach the core aquatic skills in a fun way
- The different supports and holds to use in lessons
- The advantages and disadvantages of different types of equipment
- How to plan, adapt and teach lessons which cater for groups with different levels of ability
- Key teaching and lesson management skills
- How to Enrol:
- Click book on course or use the contact details below.
You must be at least 16 years of age at the start of the course.
SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming – Face to face whole course
SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming – Blended Learning Whole Course
SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming – Online and Virtual Learning – Whole Course
Your SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming qualification must be dated after 2001. If you are unsure if your qualification meets this prerequisite criteria or if your certificate pre dates this date please email email@example.com.
Institute of Swimming
- 01509 640640
The Mount School