SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming to Babies and Toddlers – Online and Virtual Learning – Waves Leisure Centre
This course develops your knowledge, skills and abilities as a teacher for babies and toddlers. It builds on the Level 2 Teaching Swimming qualification and gives you the skills to independently plan and deliver a series of baby and toddler swimming lessons.
Online and Virtual Learning is a more flexible approach where you complete the theoretical elements via Zoom and through interactive activities, prior to the practical workshops.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone with an SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming qualification who wants to provide baby and toddler swimming sessions. To attend this course your SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming certificate needs to be dated after 2001. If your qualification pre dates this please see the prerequisite information for next steps.
- 4 x 3.5 hr Zoom webinars – During these sessions, the tutor will cover the theory element of this qualification, planning for your swimming lessons and a venue orientation.
- During and after your Zoom sessions you will submit assessment tasks to Google Classroom which will prepare you for your practical assessment sessions at the pool.
- 2 x half-day practical assessment session at the pool – this will consist of a meet and greet, delivery of at least two 30-minute swimming lessons, evaluation and feedback.
- There will then be a final one-to-one where you will receive feedback from your tutor. This will take place online via zoom and you will be given a 30-minute slot.
During the course you will learn about:
- How early years development, stages of play, and reflexes impact on swimming ability
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities, health related conditions and how to respond and adapt to them
- How to introduce and teach the core aquatic skills in a fun way
- The different supports and holds to use in lessons
- The advantages and disadvantages of different types of equipment
- How to plan, adapt and teach lessons which cater for groups with different levels of ability
- Key teaching and lesson management skills
Please be aware, throughout the duration of the course you will allocated homework by your Tutor that must ‘Meet the Standard’ before the end of the course. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- How to Enrol:
- Click book on course or use the contact details below.
You must be at least 16 years of age at the start of the course.
SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming – Face to face whole course
SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming – Blended Learning Whole Course
SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming – Online and Virtual Learning – Whole Course
Your SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming qualification must be dated after 2001. If you are unsure if your qualification meets this prerequisite criteria or if your certificate pre dates this date please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Institute of Swimming
- 01509 640640
Waves Leisure Centre
Tyne and Wear