This course develops your knowledge, skills and abilities as a swimming teacher for babies and toddlers/pre-school children. It builds on the SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming qualification and gives you the skills to independently plan and deliver a series of baby and toddler swimming lessons.
You will complete the theoretical elements of your qualification online through a series of webinars prior to your practical training.
These webinars are interactive online seminars and workshops that are led by your tutor and you will be joined by others who have also begun their training. Your tutor will guide you through the course content with interactive group activities and discussions.
The webinar itinerary can be seen below.
During this time you will also be able to contact your course tutor via email. Your tutor will be using Google classroom to support your learning so you will need to create a google account. You will be guided through this in your first webinar.
As this qualification is split into theory and practical sessions, we are splitting the course fee into two separate payments.
This course develops your knowledge, skills and abilities as a teacher for babies and toddlers. It builds on the Level 2 Teaching Swimming qualification and gives you the skills to independently plan and deliver a series of baby and toddler swimming lessons.
The course is delivered through a mixture of online webinars, and virtual classroom activities.
You will learn about:
- How early years development, stages of play and reflexes impact on swimming ability
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities, health related conditions and how to respond and adapt to them
- How to introduce and teach the core aquatic skills in a fun way
- The different supports and holds to use in lessons
- The advantages and disadvantages of different types of equipment
- How to plan, adapt and teach lessons which cater for groups with different levels of ability
- Key teaching and lesson management skills
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone who has an SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming qualification who wants to provide baby and toddler swimming sessions.
- How to Enrol:
- Click book on course or use the contact details below.
You must be at least 16 years of age at the start of the course.
SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming – Face to face whole course
SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming – Blended Learning Whole Course
Institute of Swimming
- 01509 640640
Bicester Leisure Centre