This course builds on the Level 3 GP Exercise Referral qualification, developing your knowledge, skills and confidence to set and deliver water-based exercises for health referral customers.
Who is the course designed for?
Any Level 3 Health Referral Instructor who wants the knowledge, skills and confidence to set and deliver water-based exercises to people who come through health referral and physical activity pathways.
The course is delivered through a mixture of classroom activities and practical poolside learning. It goes through the properties of exercising in water including physiological effects, benefits and exercises for a range of mild to moderate health conditions.
You will learn about:
- Key aquatic skills
- Principles and use of water-based referral exercises
- Supporting behaviour change
- Instructing water based referral exercises
- Exercises that may be detrimental to the health and well-being of the participant
Download a PDF of the full Swim England Level 3 Aquatic Activity for Health specification.
- You must be at least 18 years of age at the start of the course.
- Level 3 GP Referral qualification
Institute of Swimming
- 01509 640640