Once qualified, you will be equipped with the skills to plan and evaluate a school swimming programme.
This is a blended learning course where you complete the theoretical elements of the course online through interactive activities and checks on learning, prior to the practical workshops where you will get the opportunity to deliver a session. Your online learning will take an approximately 8 hours.
Who is the course designed for?
This training programme has been specially developed to help school teachers, HLTA, volunteers in a school and PGCE students gain the right skills and knowledge to deliver quality school swimming lessons to meet national curriculum requirements.
This programme will help you to understand:
- How to Identify activities that will positively impact students learning
- Engage with pupils, helping them to progress
- Key Stages 1 and 2 programmes of study
- Health and safety considerations of organising and delivering a school swimming programme
- How swimming and water safety can be delivered to meet school swimming outcomes
You must be at least 16 years of age.
- How to Enrol:
- Click book on course or use the contact details below.
You must be at least 18 years of age at the start of the course.
Institute of Swimming
- 01509 640640
University of Bedfordshire