This course will provide you with up-to-date knowledge, aquatic adaptations and tools to improve the overall experience for pupils with SEND who attend school swimming lessons.
Who is the course designed for?
This CPD is aimed at anyone who delivers school swimming lessons and/or water safety programmes with SEND pupils. This includes swimming teachers and assistants, coaching staff, pool operators, swim coordinators, school teachers and staff.
The session comprises of 4.5 hours theory and 1.5 hours of pool practical.
During this session you will learn about:
- Barriers to participation for pupils with SEND
- Ways to adapt swimming lessons
- Good practice in health and safety
- Effective communication methods and resources for pupils with SEND, to help to introduce the main swimming strokes and other aquatic skills
Swim England Qualifications (SEQ) accredited CPD
CIMSPA Endorsed CPD – 3 points
- How to Enrol:
- Click book on course or use the contact details below.
You must be at least 16 years of age at the start of the course.
This CPD is aimed at anyone over the age of 16 who delivers school swimming lessons and/or water safety programmes with SEND pupils.
Institute of Swimming
- 01509 640640
Woughton Leisure Centre