This course builds on the Swim England Assistant Artistic Swimming Coach certificate, developing your knowledge, skills and abilities ahead of becoming an independent artisitc swimming coach.
Blended Learning is a more flexible approach where you complete some theoretical elements of the course online through interactive activities and checks on learning, prior to the practical workshops.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone who has a Swim England Assistant Artistic Swimming Coach certificate who wants to become an independent coach.
Course delivery format?
This Course delivery will consist of:
- Online learning – You will be given access to this on the start date of the course.
- 4 x Zoom Webinars – During these sessions, the tutor will cover the theory topics and assessment materials with you. You will be required to complete assessment work alongside the Zoom sessions, your tutor will set this for you during these sessions.
- Practical assessment sessions at the pool – these will consist of a meet and greet, planning and preparation, session delivery, peer observations and feedback. You will then also need to complete evaluations and an action plan.
You will learn about:
- Roles and responsibilities of a artistic swimming coach
- Nutrition and hydration for artistic swimming
- Bio-mechanical principles in artistic swimming
- Key physical and mental qualities of a skilled performer
- Planning, delivery and evaluation
- How to coach artistic swimming sessions
- Session management skills
- Communication skills within the coaching environment
- How to use a variety of coaching methods to meet performer needs
- Developing technique
- Motivational techniques
- How to support performers and assistant coaches
- Evaluating your own performance
- Planning for professional development
- How to Enrol:
- Click book on course or use the contact details below.
You must be at least 18 years of age at the start of the course.
Swim England Assistant Synchronised Swimming Coach – Blended Learning
Swim England Assistant Synchronised Swimming Coach
Swim England Assistant Artistic Swimming Coach – Blended Learning
Institute of Swimming
- 01509 640640
Queen Ethelburga's College
Thorpe Underwood Hall