As an aspiring coach, this course will equip you with the knowledge and tools to actively support an Artistic Swimming Coach in the delivery of a planned training session.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone who wants to take the first step to become a Artistic Swimming Coach or interested in supporting a coach in a club environment.
Course delivery format
- 4×3 Zoom webinars – During these sessions, the tutor will cover the theory topics, a venue orientation and planning for your coaching sessions
- Practical assessment sessions at the pool – this will consist of a meet and greet, preparation, assisting coaching sessions, evaluation and feedback.
You will learn about:
- The role of the assistant coach
- The fundamentals of Artistic Swimming
- How to safely prepare, support and conclude coached Artistic Swimming sessions
- Basic and Artistic Swimming specific coaching skills
- Coach and performer development
- Good practice in coaching ethics
- Health and safety
- How to Enrol:
- Click book on course or use the contact details below.
You must be at least 16 years of age at the start of the course.
Institute of Swimming
- 01509 640640
Bilton Grange Preparatory School
Bilton Grange Prep School