As an aspiring coach, this course will equip you with the knowledge and tools to actively support a diving coach in the delivery of a planned training session.
Blended Learning is a more flexible approach where you complete the theoretical elements of the course online through interactive activities and checks on learning, prior to the practical workshops. The online learning and completion of assessments should take you are approximately 12-15 hours to complete.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone who wants to take the first step to become a diving coach or interested in supporting a coach in a club environment.
The course is delivered through a mixture of online learning, classroom activities and practical poolside learning. You will participate in at least three training sessions to gain hands on practical experience.
You will learn about:
- The role of the assistant coach
- The fundamentals of diving
- How to safely prepare, support and conclude coached diving sessions
- Basic and diving specific coaching skills
- Coach and diver development
- Good practice in coaching ethics
- Health and safety
- How to Enrol:
- Click book on course or use the contact details below.
You must be at least 16 years of age at the start of the course.
Institute of Swimming
- 01509 640640
Tudor Grange Leisure Centre