This course develops your knowledge, skills and abilities as an Assistant Diving Coach. This course will equip you with the knowledge and tools to actively support a diving coach in the delivery of a planned training session.
Blended Learning is a more flexible approach where you complete the theoretical elements of the course online through interactive activities and checks on learning, prior to the practical workshops.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone who wants to take the first step to become a diving coach or interested in supporting a coach in a club environment.
Course delivery format
- Online learning – you will be given access to this on the start date listed below. This must be completed 72 hours prior to attending your first zoom session. The estimated time to complete this is 12-15 hrs.
- 3 x Zoom webinars – During these sessions, the tutor will cover the remainder of your theory topics, a venue orientation and planning for your coaching sessions.
- 2 days practical assessment session at the pool – this will consist of a meet and greet, preparation, assisting sessions, evaluation and feedback.
- The role of the assistant coach
- The fundamentals of diving
- How to safely prepare, support and conclude coached diving sessions
- Basic and diving specific coaching skills
- Coach and diver development
- Good practice in coaching ethics
- Health and safety
- How to Enrol:
- Click book on course or use the contact details below.
You must be at least 16 years of age at the start of the course.
As part of your practical sessions you will have written assignments to complete prior to your feedback session.
The course is delivered through a mixture of online learning, Zoom sessions and practical poolside learning.
You will learn about:
If you are eligible to receive the Swim England Member Offer please contact your regional Swim England office to access this. If you book onto the course and discover you are eligible for the offer we will be unable to provide you with a refund.
Institute of Swimming
- 01509 640640