While pools were closed, we adapted this certificate and split the theory and practical elements into two courses.
This course covers the practical sessions and assessment and is for those who have already completed their Swim England Assistant Diving Coach theoretical training including; e-learning, Zoom webinars, all associated training plans and theory assessments.
Due to current Covid-19 guidelines and to ensure everyone’s safety, we will be keeping the amount of time you spend at the pool to a minimum so these practical sessions will consist of:
- Zoom webinars – During these sessions, the tutor will cover the last of your practical topics, a venue orientation and planning for your pool-based training sessions. These are shown as ‘Online’ in the itinerary below.
- Practical assessment sessions at the pool – this will consist of a meet and greet, preparation, coaching sessions, evaluation and feedback.
- There will be a final one to one webinar with your tutor where you will evaluate your performance and receive feedback. The exact time will be given to you beforehand.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone who wants to take the first step to become a diving coach or interested in supporting a coach in a club environment.
The course is delivered through a mixture of online learning, zoom classroom activities and practical poolside learning. You will participate in at least three training sessions to gain hands on practical experience.
You will learn about:
- The role of the assistant coach
- The fundamentals of diving
- How to safely prepare, support and conclude coached diving sessions
- Basic and diving specific coaching skills
- Coach and diver development
- Good practice in coaching ethics
- Health and safety
- How to Enrol:
- Click book on course or use the contact details below.
You must be at least 16 years of age at the start of the course.
Institute of Swimming
- 01509 640640
Inspire: Luton Sports Village
Butterfield Green Road