As an aspiring coach, this course will equip you with the knowledge and tools to actively support a swimming coach in the delivery of a planned training session.
Blended Learning is a more flexible approach where you complete the theoretical elements of the course online through interactive activities and checks on learning, prior to the practical workshops. The online learning and completion of assessments should take you are approximately 12-15 hours to complete.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone who wants to take the first step to become a swimming coach or interested in supporting a coach in a club environment.
The course is delivered through a mixture of online learning, classroom activities and practical poolside learning. You will participate in at least three training sessions, coaching swimmers at county standard and above, to gain hands on practical experience.
You will learn about:
- The role of the assistant coach
- Importance of positive coaching behaviour
- Physical literacy in swimming
- Competitive swimming skills
- Para swimming
- Types of training used to develop swimmers
- How to deliver pre-planned coaching sessions
- How to carry out reflective practices of your coaching
- How to Enrol:
- Click book on course or use the contact details below.
You must be at least 16 years of age at the start of the course.
Institute of Swimming
- 01509 640640
Surrey Sports Park
University of Surrey