While pools were closed, we adapted this certificate and split the theory and practical elements into two courses.
This course covers the practical sessions and assessment and is for those who have already completed their theoretical training including e-learning and theory assessments.
Due to current Covid-19 guidelines and to ensure everyone’s safety, we will be keeping the amount of time you spend at the pool to a minimum so these practical sessions will consist of:
- One or more Zoom webinars – During this session, the tutor will cover the last of your practical topics, a venue orientation and planning for your pool-based training session.
- One or more practical assessment sessions at the pool – this will consist of a meet and greet, preparation, assisting a coach during training sessions, evaluation and feedback. You may only need to attend some of the pool-based dates listed below. This will be selected with your course tutor during the first zoom session.
- There will be a final one to one webinar where you will receive feedback from your tutor.
You can see the full itinerary below.
The final payment to cover your practical sessions and assessment can be seen below.
If you have already paid for your course, email firstname.lastname@example.org for a voucher to book with.
You will put the theory you have already learnt into practice and demonstrate:
- The role of the assistant coach
- Importance of positive coaching behaviour
- Types of training used to develop swimmers
- How to deliver pre-planned coaching sessions
- How to carry out reflective practices of your coaching
Who is the course designed for?
To attend this course, you must have already completed and passed the theoretical elements of your Swim England Assistant Swimming Coach certificate including online learning and assessment questions.
Please contact the Institute of Swimming ASAP and we will transfer you to a later course if:
- You reside in a local authority that has local lockdown enforced before your course starts.
- Or you need to self isolate as per government guidelines.
- How to Enrol:
- Click book on course or use the contact details below.
You must be at least 16 years of age at the start of the course.
You must have completed and passed the theoretical elements of your Swim England Assistant Swimming Coach certificate including online learning and assessment questions.
Institute of Swimming
- 01509 640640
London Aquatics Centre