While pools were closed, we adapted this certificate and split the theory and practical elements into separate courses.
This course covers the practical sessions and assessment and is for those who have already completed the first and second part of their theoretical training including e-learning, Zoom webinars, and theory assessments.
Your practical sessions and assessment will include a pool coaching session and consist of a meet and greet, session preparation, assisting a coach during training sessions, evaluation and feedback.
You can see the full itinerary below.
Those who have completed both parts of their theoretical training will receive a voucher for this practical course. Please email email@example.com if you are waiting for a voucher to book with.
You will put the theory you have already learnt into practice and demonstrate:
- The role of the assistant coach.
- Importance of positive coaching behaviour.
- Types of training used.
- How to deliver pre-planned coaching sessions.
- How to carry out reflective practices of your coaching.
Who is the course designed for?
To attend this course, you must have already completed and passed the theoretical elements of your Swim England Assistant Water Polo Coach certificate including online learning, Zoom webinars and assessment questions.
Please contact the Institute of Swimming ASAP and we will transfer you to a later course if:
- You reside in a local authority that has local lockdown enforced before your course starts.
- Or you need to self isolate as per government guidelines.
- How to Enrol:
- Click book on course or use the contact details below.
You must be at least 16 years of age at the start of the course.
You must have completed and passed the theoretical elements of your Swim England Assistant Water Polo Coach certificate including online learning and assessment questions.
Institute of Swimming
- 01509 640640
Riverside Leisure Centre - Chelmsford