This CPD will be delivered online.
This is an interactive online seminar that is led by the tutor and allows participants in different locations to be guided through the course content, hear the presenter, ask questions and be involved in group text discussions.
This workshop will raise your awareness of signs of abuse, and give you the tools and confidence you need to deal with any issues sensitively, appropriately and effectively should the need ever arise. Due to the nature of the topics that will be discussed should you wish to have a chaperone with you please let your tutor know prior to the CPD.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone working with children both in a swimming teaching and coaching environment.
Completing this course will support club SwimMark submissions and is an integral part of Swim England’s Stronger Affiliation process.
Swim England’s Child Safeguarding CPD is bespoke and reflects the needs of a pool environment. The course will help you to understand:
- What child safeguarding and child protection means
- Key government legislation in relation to safeguarding and protecting children
- Swim England’s safeguarding policies and procedures
- The types, signs and symptoms of child abuse
- How to respond to possible signs of child abuse and take appropriate action if concerns arise.
- How to Enrol:
- Please contact Sport Structures for more information and to book
You must be at least 16 years of age at the start of the course.
- 0121 4558270