Government guidance means our pools and clubs are closed, but this does not mean our coaching certificates should stop.
We have adapted this course to make sure you have the opportunity to start your training. It builds on the Swim England Assistant Diving Coach certificate and allows you to complete the theoretical elements of your certificate online through a series of ZOOM webinars and interactive e-learning.
The webinars will be led by your tutor and you will be guided through the course content along with others on your course. You will be involved in group activities, able to ask questions and interact with others.
The webinar itinerary can be seen below. The first webinar will help you kick-off your studies. You will be guided through the structure of the course and how to access and start your e-learning.
The following six webinars will last around three hours each and you will have time in-between to complete set tasks and sections of your e-learning.
Our specialist online learning which is split into bite-sized pieces so you can work through these elements of the course online at home, at your own pace.
We will then arrange your practical training days once the leisure centres and clubs have reopened. Your practical poolside learning will include at least six training sessions to gain hands-on practical experience.
To allow as many people to start training during these exceptional times, we are splitting the course fee into two separate payments.
When you start the course and begin your online learning, you will only have to pay £250.
Once the leisure centres and clubs reopen and we can book your practical days and arrange your final payment. (full RRP £620)
You will learn about:
- Roles and responsibilities of a diving coach
- Nutrition and hydration for divers
- Bio-mechanical principles in diving
- Key physical and mental qualities of a skilled diver
- Planning, delivery and evaluation
- How to coach diving sessions
- Session management skills
- Communication skills within the coaching environment
- How to use a variety of coaching methods to meet diver needs
- Developing technique
- Motivational techniques
- How to support divers and assistant coaches
- Evaluating your own performance
- Planning for professional development
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone who has a Swim England Assistant Diving Coach certificate who wants to become an independent coach.
- How to Enrol:
- Click book on course or use the contact details below.
You must be at least 18 years of age at the start of the course.
Swim England Assistant Diving Coach – Blended Learning
Swim England Assistant Diving Coach
Institute of Swimming
- 01509 640640