This course builds on the Swim England Assistant Diving Coach certificate, developing your knowledge, skills and abilities ahead of becoming an independent diving coach.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone who has a Swim England Assistant Diving Coach certificate who wants to become an independent coach.
The course is delivered through a mixture of classroom activities and practical poolside learning. You will participate in at least six training sessions to gain hands on practical experience.
You will learn about:
- Roles and responsibilities of a diving coach
- Nutrition and hydration for divers
- Bio-mechanical principles in diving
- Key physical and mental qualities of a skilled diver
- Planning, delivery and evaluation
- How to coach diving sessions
- Session management skills
- Communication skills within the coaching environment
- How to use a variety of coaching methods to meet diver needs
- Developing technique
- Motivational techniques
- How to support divers and assistant coaches
- Evaluating your own performance
- Planning for professional development
- How to Enrol:
- Click book on course or use the contact details below.
You must be at least 18 years of age at the start of the course.
Swim England Assistant Diving Coach – Blended Learning Whole Course
Swim England Assistant Diving Coach
Swim England Assistant Diving Coach – Club Offer – Blended Learning
Institute of Swimming
- 01509 640640
Ponds Forge International Sports Centre