This CPD will be delivered online and provides an insight into safeguarding issues, how to deal with those concerns and how to access support and advice. This CPD will run from 18.00 to 21.00
The course reflects Wavepower, Swim England’s child safeguarding policy and procedures publication. It is also an integral part of the Stronger Affiliation process, which introduces new measures for affiliated clubs aimed at ensuring the safety of members
Who is the course designed for?
The CPD is for swimming teachers, coaches and other club personnel covered by Wavepower.
At the end of the course, learners will be able to understand:
- What child safeguarding and child protection means.
- Key government legislation in relation to safeguarding and protecting children.
- Wavepower Swim England’s Child Safeguarding Policy and Procedures.
- The types, signs and symptoms of child abuse.
- How to respond and report concerns within Swim England.
- Scenario led learning looking at key case areas within a Swim England environment.
- Signposting to other support available within Swim England, such as the Judicial Complaints Process and support of Swim England friends, medical protocol and coach referral process.
- How to Enrol:
- For more information please contact Sally Baldwin
Survive & Save
- 02084 293905