This course builds on the Swim England Assistant Swimming Coach certificate, developing your knowledge, skills and abilities ahead of becoming an independent swimming coach.
Blended Learning is a more flexible approach where you complete the theoretical elements of the course online through interactive activities and checks on learning, prior to the practical workshops. The online learning and completion of assessments should take you are approximately 20-25 hours to complete.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone who has a Swim England Assistant Swimming Coach certificate who wants to become an independent coach.
The course is delivered through a mixture of online learning, classroom activities and practical poolside learning. You will participate in at least six training sessions, coaching swimmers at county standard and above, to gain hands on practical experience.
You will learn about:
- Roles and responsibilities of a Swimming Coach
- Impact of the Athlete Development Support Pathway in competitive swimming
- Scientific principles of competitive swimming
- Competitive swimming skills
- Types of training used to develop swimmers
- Planning, delivery and evaluation of a series of sessions
- Effective management in training and competition
- Communication skills within the swimming coaching environment
- Motivational techniques
- Developing swimming skills and competitive swimming strokes
- Evaluating swimmer progress
- Reflecting and evaluating on own performance
- Planning for professional development
- How to Enrol:
- Click book on course or use the contact details below.
You must be at least 18 years of age at the start of the course.
Swim England Assistant Swimming Coach
Swim England Assistant Swimming Coach – Blended Learning
ASA Level 1 Coaching Swimming or equivalent post 1994
If you are unsure if your qualification meets the pre-requisites, please check with the Institute of Swimming on 01509 640640
– to have been coaching in the last 3 months on a regular basis
– to be linked to a swimming club with access to 3 sessions per week for off course assessment
– to have access to swimmers that sit within 2 different stages of the ADSP (Athlete Development Support Pathway) i.e training to train and above over the course of a 6 week mesocycle
– to work with a coaching assistant
– to have knowledge and experience of current coaching best practices
Institute of Swimming
- 01509 640640
Catterick Leisure Centre