While pools were closed, we adapted this certificate and split the theory and practical elements into two courses.
This course covers the practical sessions and assessment and is for those who have already completed their Swim England Swimming Coach theoretical training including; e-learning, Zoom webinars, all associated training plans and theory assessments.
Due to current Covid-19 guidelines and to ensure everyone’s safety, we will be keeping the amount of time you spend at the pool to a minimum so these practical sessions will consist of:
- Zoom webinar/s – During these sessions, the tutor will cover the last of your practical topics, a venue orientation and planning for your pool-based training sessions. These are shown as ‘Online’ in the itinerary below.
- Practical assessment sessions at the pool – this will consist of a meet and greet, preparation, coaching sessions, evaluation and feedback. You may only need to attend some of the pool-based dates listed in the itinerary below. This will be selected with your course tutor during the first zoom session.
- There will be a final one to one webinar with your tutor where you will evaluate your performance and receive feedback. The exact time will be given to you beforehand.
You can see the full itinerary below.
The final payment to cover your practical sessions and assessment can be seen below.
If you have already paid for your course due to a cancellation, email firstname.lastname@example.org for a voucher to book with.
You will put the theory you have already learnt into practice and demonstrate:
- Types of training used to develop swimmers
- Planning, delivery and evaluation of a series of sessions
- Effective management in training
- Communication skills within the coaching environment
- Motivational techniques
- Developing swimming skills and competitive swimming strokes
- Evaluating swimmer progress
- Reflecting and evaluating on own performance
Who is the course designed for?
To attend this course, you must have already completed your Swim England Assistant Swimming Coach certificate and passed the theoretical elements of your Swimming Coach certificate including; e-learning, Zoom webinars, all associated training plans and theory assessments.
Please contact the Institute of Swimming ASAP and we will transfer you to a later course if:
- You reside in a local authority that has local lockdown enforced before your course starts.
- Or you need to self isolate as per government guidelines.
- How to Enrol:
- Click book on course or use the contact details below.
You must be at least 18 years of age at the start of the course.
Swim England Assistant Swimming Coach
Swim England Assistant Swimming Coach – Blended Learning
To attend this course, you must have already completed and passed the theoretical elements of your Swim England Swimming Coach certificate including; e-learning, Zoom webinars, all associated training plans and theory assessments.
Institute of Swimming
- 01509 640640
Wycombe Leisure Centre