While pools were closed, we adapted this certificate and split the theory and practical elements into two courses.
This course covers the practical sessions and assessment and is for those who have already completed their Swim England Synchronised Swimming Coach theoretical training including; e-learning, Zoom webinars, all associated training plans and theory assessments.
Due to current Covid-19 guidelines and to ensure everyone’s safety, we will be keeping the amount of time you spend at the pool to a minimum so these practical sessions will consist of:
- Zoom webinars – During these sessions, the tutor will cover the last of your practical topics, a venue orientation and planning for your pool-based training sessions. These are shown as ‘Online’ in the itinerary below.
- Practical assessment sessions at the pool – this will consist of a meet and greet, preparation, coaching sessions, evaluation and feedback.
- There will be a final one to one webinar with your tutor where you will evaluate your performance and receive feedback. The exact time will be given to you beforehand.
You can see the full itinerary below.
The final payment to cover your practical sessions and assessment can be seen below.
If you have already paid for your course due to a cancellation, email firstname.lastname@example.org for a voucher to book with.
You will put the theory you have already learnt into practice and demonstrate:
- Planning, delivery and evaluation
- How to coach synchronised swimming sessions
- Session management skills
- Communication skills within the coaching environment
- How to use a variety of coaching methods to meet performer needs
- Developing technique
- Motivational techniques
- How to support performers and assistant coaches
- Evaluating your own performance
Who is the course designed for?
To attend this course, you must have already completed your Swim England Assistant Synchronised Swimming Coach certificate and passed the theoretical elements of your Synchronised Swimming Coach certificate including; e-learning, Zoom webinars, all associated training plans and theory assessments.
Please contact the Institute of Swimming ASAP and we will transfer you to a later course if:
- You reside in a local authority that has local lockdown enforced before your course starts.
- Or you need to self isolate as per government guidelines.
- How to Enrol:
- Click book on course or use the contact details below.
You must be at least 18 years of age at the start of the course.
Swim England Assistant Synchronised Swimming Coach – Blended Learning
Swim England Assistant Synchronised Swimming Coach
To attend this course, you must have already completed and passed the theoretical elements of your Swim England Synchronised Swimming Coach certificate including; e-learning, Zoom webinars, all associated training plans and theory assessments.
Institute of Swimming
- 01509 640640
John Charles Centre For Sport
John Charles Centre For Sport, Middleton Grove