This course builds on the Swim England Assistant Water Polo Coach certificate, developing your knowledge, skills and abilities ahead of becoming an independent water polo coach.
Blended Learning is a more flexible approach where you complete the theoretical elements of the course online through interactive activities and checks on learning, prior to the practical workshops. The online learning and completion of assessments should take you are approximately 15-20 hours to complete.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone who has a Swim England Assistant Water Polo Coach certificate who wants to become an independent coach.
The course is delivered through a mixture of online learning, classroom activities and practical poolside learning. You will participate in at least six training sessions to gain hands on practical experience.
You will learn about:
- Roles and responsibilities of a water polo coach
- Nutrition and hydration for water polo
- Bio-mechanical principles in water polo
- Key physical and mental qualities of a skilled player
- Planning, delivery and evaluation
- How to coach water polo sessions
- Session management skills
- Communication skills within the coaching environment
- How to use a variety of coaching methods to meet player needs
- Developing technique
- Motivational techniques
- How to support players and assistant coaches
- Evaluating your own performance
- Planning for professional development
- How to Enrol:
- Click book on course or use the contact details below.
You must be at least 18 years of age at the start of the course.
Swim England Assistant Water Polo Coach
Swim England Assistant Water Polo Coach – Blended Learning
An ASA Level 1 Award in Coaching Water Polo or an equivalent ASA Water Polo qualification taken in or after 1994.
If you are unsure if your qualification meets the pre-requisites, please check with the Institute of Swimming on 01509 640640
Institute of Swimming
- 01509 640640
Riverside Leisure Centre - Chelmsford