Become a volunteer coordinatorJune 4, 2019
As part of the Swim England approach to recruiting, training and recognising volunteers, we are encouraging clubs to adopt the volunteer coordinator model.
A volunteer coordinator is essentially the people manager of your club. They act as the main point of contact for all club volunteers and provide a key support role to clubs in the management and development of its volunteers.
They also provide a direct link with us at Swim England. This relationship allows us to work together to address and support a clubs specific volunteer needs.
Take a look at the Volunteer Coordinator role descriptor for full details on what the role involves.
Become a volunteer coordinator
We are in the process of putting together a Volunteer Coordinator Support Package for September 2019 for new and existing volunteer coordinators which will include:
- Downloadable resources/templates for you use with your club including; welcome booklets and presentations for members and parents, social media guides and volunteer satisfaction surveys
- Access to Swim England volunteer recognition scheme and resources
- TYR branded technical polo
- Webinar series and bitesize guides on key topics
- Invitation to join Swim England’s National Volunteer Coordinator Network
- Option to feature on Swim England’s Volunteer Coordinator database
- Exclusive access to Careers in Aquatics to advertise vacancies at your club
- Exclusive opportunities to meet with other volunteer coordinators in your county/region led by Swim England staff
- Access to training and development opportunities.
Register with Swim England as a volunteer coordinator, and sign up to receive your free volunteer coordinator pack by completing our form below.
If you would like more information on becoming a volunteer coordinator then please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01509 640136.
Volunteer Coordinator Network
We recognise that Volunteer Coordinators need support to fulfil their role in the same way that all volunteers do. It is therefore our ambition to create a Volunteer Coordinator Network which aims to encourage peer to peer support alongside the support provided from Swim England.
This network will connect through a forum where you can share ideas and challenges, allowing individuals to learn from the experience of others. All registered Swim England Volunteer Coordinators will be invited to join this network.
Get in touch with your local volunteer coordinator
- Want to know more about how to get involved in volunteering with your club?
- Already volunteering and feel you could benefit from more support, or information on how you can develop, within your role?
From September 2019, you will be able to search our Volunteer Coordinator Database to get touch with your local club and/or county/regional point of contact.