Club Volunteer CoordinatorApril 1, 2019
A club volunteer coordinator is responsible for supporting all volunteers within a club, and most importantly, ensuring they have a meaningful and positive experience.
Who we are looking for
- You will be enthusiastic with a good knowledge of the club and its volunteer needs.
- You will be an excellent communicator.
- You will have a good understanding of the club volunteer roles and the ability to empathise with their needs.
- You will have good organisational and leadership skills and the ability to delegate.
What we and the club expect from a club volunteer coordinator?
- To act as a main point of contact for volunteers within the club.
- To build effective relationships with all club volunteers and the Swim England County Volunteer Network.
- To support the development of club volunteers by coordinating and helping organise appropriate training to meet their needs.
- To ensure all club volunteers have clearly outlined role descriptions.
- To be responsible for leading the recruitment, induction and support of all club volunteers.
- To establish and manage a volunteer recognition programme within the club, working with closely with the committee to ensure all volunteers feel valued.
- To recognise volunteer contributions through the Swim England National and Regional Awards
- Act as a point of contact between the club and the Swim England Volunteering Team or Regional contact.
- To encourage parents to get involved with the club in some capacity.
Register with us
Are you club volunteer coordinator for your club?
Register your details with us to access useful resources and downloads, as well as to join our national network of club volunteer coordinators.
Level of commitment required
This will vary from club to club, but will include ongoing weekly responsibilities, particularly in reference to recruiting and inducting new volunteers, and supporting existing volunteers.
What support can you expect from Swim England?
- Access to resources and guidance via the ‘Club Hub’.
- Direct contact with and support from the Swim England Volunteering Team.
- Direct contact with and support from the Swim England Club Development Officers.
- Access to and support from the Swim England Volunteer Coordinator Network (VCN).
- A bespoke Volunteer Coordinator pack to include a number of resources.
What will you gain from the experience?
This is an integral and highly rewarding role which success and impact on your club will be determined by your own motivations and enthusiasms.
As well as your ability to build effective relationships with and support the development of the club’s volunteers, it is an opportunity to take on a new challenge, engage and inspire others to get involved, and influence the growth and future direction of the club and its volunteers.