Assistant Head Swimming Coach
- Romford Town Swimming Club
- Contract Type:
- Coaching Swimming: Level 2 Award or Swimming Coach Certificate
- Working Hours:
- Part time
- Closing Date:
- 2nd October 2021 23:59
- Job Reference:
Romford Town Swimming Club (RTSC) in Essex is looking to appoint an Assistant Head Coach to oversee the development squads and teaching programme of the club.
RTSC is an ambitious club with a long successful history, are seeking a friendly, highly motivated, enthusiastic and hard working assistant head coach with the talent to inspire, motivate and develop swimmers to reach their full potential.
The successful candidate should have excellent communication and organisational skills, with a proven track record and a great work ethic.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious coach looking to take their career onto the next level and the club onto further success.
As a SwimMark accredited club, we are committed to professional development and will support the success candidate in obtaining further coaching qualifications.
RTSC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references and DBS clearance.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Swim England Swimming Coach/UKCC Level 2 coaching qualification (Willing to work towards UKCC/Swim England Level 3 Senior Swimming Coach qualification)
- Ideally some experience of delivering land training to age group and developmental swimmers.
- Ability to develop swimming technique.
- Capabilities to guide and mentor trainee coaches.
- Excellent time management, communication, and organisational skills
- A high level of technical knowledge and understanding of British Swimming's Long Term Athlete Development Programme (LTAD).
- Enthusiasm, inspiration and demonstrable innovation through coaching practice
- Computer literacy.
- A self-starter capable of creating new ideas and implementing them.
- Committed to equality and diversity.
- The post holder will be required to work some early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- Prepared to travel to competitions throughout the UK.
- Full UK driving license.
- To effectively deliver an engaging training programme which engages, develops and fulfills our swimmers to their fullest potential.
- Undertake all necessary administration to ensure all training is planned, monitored and evaluated.
- In conjunction with the Head Coach, organise the club gala programme, liaise with swimmers and encourage swimmers to enter competitions suitable to their ability and advise swimmers what events to enter
- To establish a strength and conditioning programme for the appropriate level swimmers
- Actively participate in the evolution of the club’s strategic development plan and assume ownership of some of its priorities
- Feedback progress of athletes to the coaching team and parents at progress meetings
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- To be able to deal with issues, concerns, complaints or welfare areas in a professional and timely manner and where necessary escalating them to the appropriate committee members
- To be aware of the NOP and EAP of the pool operators and being able to ensure all members are able to follow the rules of the providers and ensure health and safety is paramount.
- To be able to deal appropriately with emergency situations, in following the EAP of the pool providers and ensure an incident report form is filled out with as much detail as possible for the club’s records as well as the pool providers report. Ensure the report is delivered to the line manager or senior management.
- This Job Description sets out the main responsibilities of the role, but it should not be taken as a complete or exhaustive list of responsibilities.
How to apply
Please send an updated CV explaining why you would be suitable for the role along with all necessary experience and coaching qualifications via the apply button by the closing date.
We are keen to appoint this role as soon as practically possible, therefore early applications are encouraged.