Assistant Swimming Coach
- Leander Swimming Club
- Contract Type:
- Coaching Swimming: Level 2 Award or Swimming Coach Certificate
- Working Hours:
- Full time
- £25-£30 per hour depending on experience
- Closing Date:
- 11th March 2020 23:59
- Job Reference:
- LSC L2
Leander Swimming Club, based in London, is offering an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Coach to join our experienced coaching team. The Leander coaching set-up has been structured in a new and inspiring way. The candidates will be open-minded, appreciate a focus on core values, be able to adapt easily and be eager to collaborate in the recent launch of our exciting new programme.Leander is among the top clubs in the Surrey and London region with a membership of over 500 swimmers and is growing fast. Leander boasts a number of Regional medallists, finalists and National level swimmers. Leander competes in the National Arena League.
Successful candidates will work with a range of squads assisting with and leading training sessions; they will also work with our regional and national level swimmers. They will be involved with our Strength and Conditioning programme and work alongside our strength and conditioning specialists.
Successful candidates will be passionate about swimming and enjoy coaching children from 4 to 18 years old. They will be observant, have great attention to technique detail, have excellent communication skills, easily develop a rapport with their swimmers, seek responsibility, and have a desire to learn, grow professionally and inspire our young athletes. There is ample potential to take on more senior roles in the future. Leander is committed to the mentoring and further education of our coaches and our senior swimmers. There is also the opportunity to work additional hours through Leander’s links with local schools.
A minimum of 2 years’ experience working with competitive age groups, youth and senior swimmers. Former competitive swimming experience is an advantage.
Skills / qualifications
- Swim England Swimming Coach/ASA Level 2 Coaching Swimming or equivalent qualifications
- A high level of technical knowledge and understanding of LTAD
- A team player who is also capable of working independently
- Have a strong desire for future development, have the ability to grasp feedback quickly and have a positive influence on the Club Training Programme
- Excellent communication skills to connect with coaches, swimmers and parents
You will be required to
- Work with various squads as a Lead Coach and/or part of the Leander coaching team
- Attend galas, camps and swim clinics throughout the year
- Hold or undergo a DBS check with Swim England.
- Be self-employed and have a permit to work in the UK
How to apply
Send an up-to-date CV and covering letter via the apply button.