Coach Advisor - ASA Level 3 qualified
- Swim England
- Job Type:
- Fixed-term contract
- Working Hours:
- Part time
- Closing Date:
- 7th April 2019
- Job Reference
Swim England, based in Loughborough, is seeking a Coach Advisor to join our team on 12 month fixed term contract covering a maximum of 64 hours per annum. The role is home-based, with travel to visit designated coaches within North West region, and on a 12 month fixed-term contract (a maximum of 64 hours)
Payment via contract for services: £2000 per annum
Swim England is the national governing body for swimming in England. We help people learn how to swim, enjoy the water, and compete in our sports of swimming, diving, water polo and synchronised swimming.
This is an exciting opportunity working within the Talent Department. You will be responsible for facilitating the learning for an identified number of coaches (4) within the North West area. Together with providing expert advice on coaching practice and behaviours.
Reporting to the Coach Development Manager – Swimming, you will also be responsible for leading two group mentoring sessions with the identified coaches whilst providing key support. You will deliver key national philosophical messages on the Team Coaching Behaviours to all the coaches and ensure that these principles are disseminated to the wider organisation.
The successful candidate must:
- Have awareness of the athlete development process
- Be flexible to attend workshops
- Have an understanding of the British Swimming and England Talent Pathway athlete development philosophy
- Hold a UKCC Level 3 Coaching certificate as a minimum
- Experience of facilitating learning with fellow coaches
- Be registered as self-employed or as a limited company
- Be able to commit and facilitate minimum of 3 face to face sessions with each identified coach
- Report to Swim England Talent Team in an appropriate and timely manner as and when required.
If you feel you have the suitable skills and attributes for this position then we would like to hear from you.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are committed to inclusion and embrace the spirit of all equalities legislation.
Please be advised that we cannot offer visa sponsorship and that you must have right to work status to apply or be considered for this role. If you are a non UK/EU National, you must have an appropriate working Visa to undertake employment.
Closing date: as above. Applications after this time will not be considered.
Interview date: Week Commencing Monday 22nd April 2019
How to apply
To apply for this role please:
- click here to complete our suitability statement via Survey Monkey.
- Send your CV and cover letter outlining the skills and experience you can bring to this role referring to the advert, person specification and job description to the email address below.
This should include any personal interests and unpaid activities. Include as much detail as possible to support your application, we receive hundreds of applications so make yours stand out! (We would recommend at least 300 words.)
Applications received without all elements above, or received after the closing date, will not be considered for shortlisting.
- Contact email